Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Debate

Did you watch the debate?

I did- certainly not inspiring on either front.

We have an economy that is bleeding... confidence is down.... the Fed and Treasury are trying to stop it all.... Congress wants to go home... and we are electing a president in 30 days.

What did I get out of it? They say the same things in a Town Hall format as they do in a stump speech. They don't like each other. National Security has gone to the back burner. On the Economy, neither of them really want to say much because they don't know what the economy really looks like.

And one other thought- McCain better do something... or he loses. And it has to be more than smearing his opponent.

Be an interesting 30 days.

2 comments:

Keith said...

Only in America can two supposedly intelligent human beings talk for nearly two hours...and say very little. This has to be one of the saddest elections I've ever participated in.

My Dear Gs... said...

Dad, I think you read my mind about the debate. I was so disappointed!