Thursday, October 30, 2008

Rambling Thoughts....

- No matter who wins the election Tuesday, God reigns.

- I am reading a good book. FAITH AND DOUBT by John Ortberg is an honest approach to the questions about faith that we all have. Yes, we all have doubts.It is not an easy read like some of his other books. it takes some brain power...but I think it will be worth it. i will let you know more as I finish the book. I like the fact that Ortberg has written about Faith and Doubt in light of all the press that Sam Harris, Christopher Hitchens and Richard Dawkins have accumulated with their atheistic writings in the past couple years.

- I came across this passage in some reading. It spoke to me.

" You've kept track of my every toss and turn through the sleepless nights, Each tear entered in your legder, each ache written in your book." Psalm 56:8 ( The Message)

Lots of tears in people's lives around me. Lots of tossing and turning. Financial woes, election concerns, parenting issues, marriage struggles,health problems, job layoffs, retirement accounts taking a hit.... I am sure there are alot more than I know. I find comfort and strength in the fact that there is not a tear that comes from our eyes that is unnoticed by God. Not one!


- I have been writing study guides for 2009 Sermons. I finished January's today. I am finding this to be very exciting and am hopeful that the guides will challenge our congregation to "go deep." it will be available on Sundays and on the website after the first of the year.

- We get to see Baby Grace, Elizabeth and Nathaniel this weekend. There is a rumor that she will be a ladybug for Halloween. Maybe I will get a picture next week.

- I am very proud of all four of our kids. They have all turned out to be fantastic adults.

- Last night we had our second FIGHT NIGHT at the church. It was great to see families of all ages worshipping and then playing games. Our staff and their teams were awesome. It was a great night.

- I start a series on Stewardship this Sunday. "THE OFFERING." May seem like a bad time to talk money..but God's ways of handling money are recession proof. The problem is not what He says. The problem is what we do.

VOTE ON NOV. 4th. Its your privilege and responsibility.

No comments: