Thursday, October 23, 2008

Whatever you do....

I am on a blogging roll!!!

Today I had the pleasure of eating lunch with 2 other leaders from our church along with a banker who has helped us with our relocation. We talked about life, business, and church. He took a tour of our building and was very impressed. But as we talked I think I was drawn to his heart for God and how God could use his influence to build the kingdom.

Along the way, he shared some "God-moments" in his business, Later I reflected on how there are so many Christians who are in business, being used by God to help people, to lift people up , and to give God glory.

You know, the power of the gospel extends far beyond what happens in church buildings on Sunday Mornings or Wednesday nights. That is just a fraction of what it means to extend the Kingdom of God here on earth. Wherever you are, whatever you are doing, because of your faith, you are a conduit for God's blessing. In business, in your community, in your neighborhood, you have such an opportunity for influence. So go for it! Let people know that you are a child of God... that you have been blessed by God and see where it goes. Remember, we do not go to church...we are the church! Wherever we are, whatever we are doing!

I am reminded of what Paul said in I Corinthians- "So whatever you do, whether you eat or you drink, do it all for the glory of God." You don't need a Bible College education to do that. Awesome opportunities await you!

1 comment:

My Dear Gs... said...

Wow, you are on a blogging roll! Nice to have you back! :-)