Thursday, January 01, 2009

NEW YEAR REFLECTIONS AND POSSIBILITIES

 I am one who looks forward to a New Year.  I know it is just a calendar page and all that...but a new year does a  couple things for me. 

One, it causes me to reflect on the previous year.
Two, it raises my thinking about the possibilities of the coming year. 

Since I have only had 50 or so of these "new years", I feel a little bit like a novice.  Both of the aforementioned items can happen any time, and should not be limited to the end of December or first of January...

Sooooo.... reflections...
* Another year of life...I am 50! ( I already mentioned that )
* A new life in my life- Baby Grace ( See pictures from earlier blogs)
* A year of improving health ( Its slow but progressing)
* A year of massive change at the church ( Relocation was just the tip of the iceberg)
* FCC finished Phase I, and finished Phase II in the same year. ( Way to go church, building 
    team , staff and Mike)
* Joel moved to Portland (kind of ironic when you think about it)
* Lydia and James moved back to Owasso (nice......very nice)
* Abigail grew up .... and has an awesome boyfriend ( She blows me away)
* Elizabeth became a mom...  ( She and Nathaniel are great parents)
* Pam is a natural grandmother...so good to her kids and so loving to me. 
* Broadcasting OHS basketball on the radio with my friend Steve.
* Pam and I went to Israel in May- Amazing trip!
* We ( FCC) gained four new staff members ( Jared, James, Teri and Nancy)
* We (FCC)  lost ( we know where she is...) a wonderful Early Childhood Director ( Cathy).  8 
   years in that position is almost unheard of....
*  We ( FCC) added lots and lots of new people.... some wonderful people who God has touched.
* On a personal note  2008 also saw my parents move from out into the country to the city.  I 
   am proud of them for making a "hard" move...

Soooo.... Possibilities.....
* Preaching messages that move people DEEPER  ( Luke 5:11) - With God's amazing help
* Traveling more in 09 to churches  to learn about vision, processes and leadership
*  Spending more time with Pam....pursuing some of her dreams for the future. 
* Taking the Perspectives class
* Broadcasting OHS basketball ( Blaine's Sr. Year...)
*  Better health... more efficient exercise... learning to eat better, and staying out of bad 
   lifestyle habits (Those closest to me know what they are).
* Watching Gracie grow... ( a secret... she is spending a week with us next summer...woo hoo!) 
* Visiting Joel and my parents in Oregon
* Writing study guides for each sermon in 09. ( I am enjoying this... 10 down, 42 to go!)
* Influencing my neighbors for Christ. ( There are real opportunities there)
* Watching God work in the lives of people I have not even met yet. ( Every year, there are new 
    people....)
* Going to Florida with Pam for two weeks.
* More love from God.... everyday...

It's shaping up to be a great year...





No comments: