Sunday, January 11, 2009

Stuff

This and that....

- Got to see Gracie this weekend...  Sooooo fun! She is recognize Pam and me, and giggling... 

- Watched Nathaniel's team win a big ballgame this Friday.  The Elkins Elks are 5-7 and on the rise....  

- Church was incredible today.  So many new people....full parking lots.... people could not find seats... I saw one guy who brought his basketball team to church- they had to sit on the front row.Matt Proctor, President of Ozark Christian College preached... He hit a home run...

- We are in a series called "the truth, laying the foundations of our faith".  Where do preaching ideas come from?  God lays them on our hearts, sometimes they are collaborative efforts with other staff... and sometimes they are tucked in a conversation. This one came from Rib Crib... lunch with Bill Odom... who just shared his heart about people needing to know what we believe and why.  Thanks Bill....

- I love our building...but I am wondering if we built too small. ( Okay I just said it... I know some of you are thinking it.)  Thanks to Eric B... who stopped me and said, "Look at this, it is full!"  It was not what he said, it was his eyes... so excited as he sees God working.  What do we do about it?  Pray, strategically plan , pray some more and remember that God knows exactly what we have, and what we need to accomplish His mission for us. 

- I am heading to Oregon this week... Dad is having eye surgery this week. ( prayers are always appreciated.)  I love his optimistic attitude. I can learn alot from Him.  And my mom...she is amazing...inspite of her own health issues, she is right there for him! 

- Also looking forward to seeing Joel in Portland for a few hours....  He is still looking for work ( prayers please....).  I admire him because he is managing a difficult situation with alot of strength...

- I will be back in the pulpit Sunday ( Jan 18th). It's "the truth about Jesus Christ." 

- On a cultural note- there is a huge battle going on in our culture right now. On the one side are the people who say,  "Pay off your debts and save your money."  The other side says, "the way out of this economic trouble is for all of you to spend the money that you have."  I wonder who will win? There is alot at stake here.

- 8 Days to Inauguration.  I will talk about it later this week.





2 comments:

My Dear Gs... said...

Seeing Grace recognize you the way she did- with her mouth falling open and eyes getting big- literally made my week. I will never forget it!

Keith said...

Charlie: When you loft a softball like "...8 Days to Inauguration," I really want to smack the dog snot out of it! But I'll refrain (this time). Enjoy your trip; praying for a great time with your folks.