Monday, October 22, 2007

Rainy days and Mondays

Mondays are not usually a preacher's friend. I heard a well known preacher once say that he had a rule..."Never write a resignation letter on a Monday." The afterglow of Sunday ( good or bad) can sometimes influence decisions on Monday. I usually try to limit the "big stuff" on Mondays... just in case I am little foggy.( No resignation letter here)

Due to fall break , and I suppose other factors, Sunday's church attendance was not stellar. However, it was a tremendous service. We dedicated the entire 75 minutes to what Christ is doing through a missions team from FCC and missionaries in Honduras by the name of Jim and Teri Riley.

We had alot of video elements,a powerful drama , an internet conference call with Jim Riley and more in the service. That all sounds good, but the potential is there for any one element to not come off well.

Well yesterday it all went well. Each piece seemed to fit with the rest, all the technology was effective, and the spirit of the services was so positive. So many had a huge part in it... I can't really name them all.

The best response came aftewards when a woman came up to me with tears streaming down her face. She said, "I need to know where I can sign up to go on a missions trip... I have to do this." I hugged her, told her who to talk to and she thanked me.

Last evening I had another note from a couple who thanked us for the service and the part that we all do to bring the Kingdom of God alive.

It was a good day... A great day. And it goes to show you ( and me ) that the numbers do not always tell the whole story.

Even though it is rainy today, and is a Monday... it is still a good day

No comments: