Monday, November 19, 2007

Catching up

Has it really been a month since I last posted? Lots of stuff happening... Let's see... where do I start???

Well, how about some good news? Our oldest daughter Elizabeth is pregnant!!!! How about that! She is 12 weeks along. So that puts her "due" date around June 1. This is going to be great fun. We already have the pics of the baby at 11 weeks (They are ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!) Lizzie and Nathaniel will make great parents... although I have told them that they are in for the ride of their lives!

Our church building continues its progress toward completion. Here is a big surprise for you construction buffs... the completion date keeps moving! Oh well, I am thankful that God has worked it out where there is not a real strong pressure to move out of our current building... so it can be done right and we can watch God work his timing in all of this ( That is the big lesson for the whole project.) So when are we moving you ask? Stay tuned.

We have had to make some major decisions in the past month, many with great pain and angst. The biggest one in my mind has been the decision of the Elders to close Our Little Saints Preschool at the end of this coming school year. This preschool has been such a huge part of our community and church for 28 years. Building restrictions in Phase I have limited what we can do in a "weekday" situation. So with that we have had to take it as God's leading and begin to look at new ways to minister. But that does not minimize the pain that such changes create. So we are trying to be sensitive to how God is working here.

There is alot of change going on here. But I am so proud of our Staff, Elders and congregation who have kept the big picture in mind and see the opporutnities ahead, even though they are requiring alot of different directions and programming.

I just got back from Oregon where I found my parents doing relatively well. I love being around them and watching as they compensate for each other and struggle together through increasing health difficulties. They have big decisions to make in the coming months... so pray for them.

This Thursday is Thanksgiving... We had our Thanksgiving banquet last night and it was PACKED OUT. Great food, entertainment and lots of laughter.

I hope that you have occassion this week to take some time and think about your blessings. I know that Pam and I have done that and will continue to do so, as our family grows... and as we experience both the ups and downs of life. The best blessing? Well, its that no matter what comes our way, we are not alone. I take great comfort in knowing that God is my refuge... and my strength.

1 comment:

My Dear Gs... said...

It's about time for another post, Dad! I thought you'd fallen off the proverbial blogging wagon. Anyway, love you!