Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Birth Announcement

The announcement of the upcoming birth of a baby can be a life changing event. Think about what we read in Luke 1.

It begins with Gabriel sharing the good news with Zecharaih. Zechariah was old, he had prayed along side his wife for years that a baby would come into their lives. It seems that the time had passed. And then The Angel shows up and says, "Guess what?!!!!"

Zechariah had a hard time believing this news... and so The Angel said, "How about you listen for 9 months, and I will get back to you?" Of course we know how that story turned out. John the Baptist was born..and life was never the same.

The Gabriel goes to the virgin Mary...That must have been a very interesting assignment for Him. "Hmmmmmnnnn.. I wonder how this is going to go over?"

We know the rest of that story too.. Jesus, the Son of God was born.... and life will never be the same.

Both birth announcements were part of a grander plan in which God placed two people, one completely human and one who was both human and divine, on the earth to change things...

As far as I know, an angel did not appear to my daughter Elizabeth recently... but she does find herself "with child." Its pretty exciting... knowing that this child has the opportunity to change the world for God. Elizabeth and Nathaniel will make great parents.

Oh, by the way, there was no "You've got to be kidding me" from Charlie. So sermons will continue for the next 6 months... and I will get more and more excied to see who God brings in to my life... in the form of a little baby. Pretty exciting stuff.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this baby really makes me feel old! HAHA

DUANE WILL BE HOME THIS MONTH! I can now say that!!!!

Call when you can!