Sunday, December 02, 2007

On my mind...

One of the fun things I have done this fall has been the Leadership class that I have been leading on Wednesday nights. We took a different route than in the past with reading a couple books together (Lead Like Jesus and The Resilient Life). Abotu 25 guys have stayed with it in the class since the first of September. The discussion has been challenging to me. Good for me to listen to the hearts of men.

I am not sure where it will go from here, as this Wednesday night is our last group meeting. But I am hoping that some small groups will evolve out of this that can be an ongoing discipleship opportunity for the men in our church.

Today's services seemed much more alive than the past few weeks. That is encouraging. October and Nov. have produced some 'flat' spots , but hopefully today is an indication that we are ramping up again.

People are ready for the building to get done... Probably still 60 days from occupying, but alot is happening. The work is accerlating for sure. There are still lots of questions about what we are doing once we occupy. I am glad that God is in control. And I am thankful for the staff of the church, which carries on, inspite of some the uncertainty.

No comments: