Sunday, May 14, 2006

Two Great Women....

Today is Mother's Day. Everyone has a great story or two to tell about mothers. My mom is a hard working woman who has shown great love to her kids. Growing up, my mom had to endure moving nearly every year. I never knew what a sacrifice that was, until later in my life. The idea of setting up a house and trying to settle into a community, knowing that you may be there 1 year or maybe 18 months tops, would be really tough. Because of my dad's work, that was the life we lived well into my high school years. It was an adventure, I was no worse for the wear because of it... maybe even better well rounded because of the experiences of moving on a regular basis. For me it was a pretty good deal.

But for a mom, I imagine that it brought some stresses that I wouldn't ven understand today. Onr of the main points of a Mom's job description is the provision of stability in a home. Mom's are rocks... they are there... and even when everything else around the family is swirling, mothers are the ones that everyone can count on. I love the picture of the mom in the movie "The Contender". She is the stability while her husband chases his dream of a championship, and even later when he is doing all he can to earn some money for his family in hard times... Where would that family be without their mother?

My mom was there for me. Life was pretty wild at times, but she was there... and for that I am thankful.

I am married to a great woman. Pam is an awesome wife... who loves me unconditionally. But she is also an amazing mother. . Pam provides that same kind of stability... in ministry, the demands are great. The expectations of church and community members can sometimes overwhelm a family. But our family has never been overwhelmed, in part because Pam is such a good mother. She talks to the kids, listens to the kids, supports the kids and loves them. And all of that while being an awesome wife who supports, listens and talks with me. The stability that she provides for our family is PRICELESS. And it is all done with love and lots of fun. ( ask one of the kids about Pam's laugh....or "cackle" as I call it)

I Blessed! My mom is a great person who loves her son. I am not sure that there needs to be much more said than that...

I blessed twice over! To marry a person like Pam... who loves her God, her husband and her children like she does... it is a bit overwhelming...

God sure knows how to let me know he loves me... two women in my life are a constant reminder.

No comments: