Monday, May 08, 2006

Our Son, Joel, is a senior at Oklahoma State University. He is home for a few weeks, before he takes off on his summer adventure, which is coaching kids at a camp in Maine. Joel has always had a heart for kids. For years as he was growing up as a preacher's kid, he had room in his life for some of the younger kids in the church. Kids look up to him. And he genuinely enjoys them.

But for now, I am enjoying getting to spend some time with him. I had the idea that we could build a 13x27 deck on the back of the house for 500.00 or so. Boy, was I mistaken. Joel and I went to Lowes and had them do an estimate and it came up to 2600.00! A little out of my budget! I think it can be done cheaper, but who knows if I can get it down to 500 bucks.

It was really nice to spend the time with Joel, looking at options and trying to figure out what we can do.

When your only Son turns 21 , and has been out of the house for three years, you kind of wonder if you will be able to re-connect. But we are and it is fun!

We have three daughters, each of them unique and wonderful at the same time. I will talk more about them later.... so stay tuned.

By the way, today I was able to go to the club and "workout". Boy that felt good! I did not push it, mainly because the dr. says, "Don;t push it.." But I did sweat a bit, and stretch some muscles.

With the Sabbatical, I really have no excuse for not exercising every day....I am excited to see what I look like in four months... Watch out world, here I come!

One last thing today... Yesterday the Sabbatical was announced at church. i wondered what the respnse would be. You just never know.... but it has been overwhelmingly postive. I serve a great church, with great people.

Thank you God !

No comments: