Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Weathermen

I love living in Oklahoma! We have four seasons. They can be extreme...ice storms in the winter.... long dry, hot spells in the summer. Fall is the best. Cool nights, warm days...occassional thunderstorms. Spring is okay, except that the wind blows and blows. It is not my favorite.

Today, It has rained all morning. I love these days in the middle of July. Cool, wet, no wind... just a needed reprieve from 80% humidity and 95 degree temps.

I am glad I am not a weatherman. The people hate you when you get it wrong. They hate you when the forecast does not fit their activity or schedule. And they hate you when you have to break into a golf tournament or NBA Finals game to tell you that there is a tornado out in some pasture in Osage county.

I am not saying I don't have those feeling about weathermen. I probably do. I am just glad that I am not one of them.

Rather than forecasting, I think I will enjoy the weather.

No comments: