Friday, July 18, 2008

Stories....

The other night I was leaving church and caught this view...I like the elements of the front... stained glass, lit at night... the Cross lifted high over the building...I think it sends a great message that we are a an alive church with a story which revolves around the cross of Jesus. ( See picture at right)

We are seeing stories of life change everywhere. One father talked to me last week about how God was really working in his life. He and his wife had "found" FCC a while back, after not being in church for decades. They began to talk to one of our guys...came to our Discovery 101 Seminar and then were baptized into Christ. Following that, their son went to camp, and he too was baptized into Christ.

This father told me that he senses God really working in their lives... they are reading a chapter of Proverbs each night as a family and then discussing it. There has been visible evidence of life change in their family. God is good.

Beyond the growth of these past few months, beyond the excitement of building, moving, and building some more ( yes I said "excitement", although at times it has been stressful.), are the stories...just like the gospels. They are a collection of stories...stories of encounters with Christ, life change, challenge, hope, faith and love. There are stories as well of disappointment, sorrow, and rejection.

We are called to tell the story of Christ. We are not called to be responsible for the results. That is God's department, because it is God's work. We just plant seeds, water where God wants us to and then we wait and see what happens.

1 comment:

My Dear Gs... said...

Dad- I'm so glad you took a picture of the front with the stained glass. I still haven't gotten to see it. That will be one of my goals when we visit next weekend!