Thursday, September 14, 2006

COUNTDOWN....

I have had some trouble accessing my blog for a couple weeks... that is why there have not been posts. I have had a lot to say, but I couldn't get in. But now I can. Therefore, I have something to say.

Sunday ( Sept. 17th) will mark my return to the pulpit at Church. I was reflecting on the past 5 months, while walking this morning. Some observations...

One, I am healthier. I have lost some weight, and am exercising regularly. This is a good thing. Too bad it took a stroke for me to take these things seriously.

Two, I am back at the office half days. I am glad to be back. It is great to engage with the staff, albeit on a limited basis.

Three, I went back to the the Nuerologist on Tuesday. She is very pleased with my progress, but warned me that it would be slow from here on out. She confirmed that the fatigue, word processing problems and balance issues were to be expected, and they won't go away overnight. Brain injuries heal on their own time. But overall she said I was doing great.

Four, I am nervous about Sunday. Lots of people are praying. Lots of people have expressed support through calls, notes, and personal contact. But preaching is what I do. And I want to do really good. I think it will be okay. One thing that I am thankful for is that God makes good even out of our feeble attempts. I found comfort today in Moses' story... God spoke for him before Pharoah. I am praying that He will speak for me as well.

Five, I thank God for the progress. Things were pretty uncertain in April and May. I see that I have a future, and a place in this church. I am encouraged about how great the church has done. Our future is awesome!

If you read this, thanks for the prayers... keep them comin'.

No comments: