Monday, June 05, 2006

SHE'S MARRIED

Last friday, I had the joy of performing the marriage of Lydia and James. It was a monumental moment for many reasons. Just the idea of Lydia getting married was big. She is only 19, but she and James seem so right for each other. They had dated for almost two years... and in that time had shown great maturity and joy with each other. Another great thing about this was the fact that Pam's family, and my parents were able to attend. I had great visits with all of them. It was especially great for me to spend extra time with my parents.

There were several challenges with this wedding. One was my health. But everything came through great. I really feel that this was because of the unbelievable prayers of so many. So many friends prayed me through that service. Afterwards, I was very tired, but I made it with little in the way of issues with my speech and balance. Praise God for that!

Another challenge involved me getting through the service without crying. At Elizabeth's wedding, two years ago, I was pretty teary. But this time I was prepared. One way to combat the tears is to have alot of humor... and I did. I was so thankful for the "heads up" I received about the Princess Bride. The whole "mawagge " scene was awesome. And I did it. ( IF you don;t know what I am talking about, you need to rent the movie). Beyond the humor, the movie provided me with some very meaningful content regarding the phrase "as you wish." It fit right along with Philipiians 2:3-4.

It was a great evening, and one that I will never forget. Two daughters are now married, and I got to be a part of both of them. Outside of baptizeing them, this was one of the great moments of my life with my kids.

God provides great moments for all of us to enjoy. He is so good to me!

No comments: