Thursday, September 04, 2008

Six weeks catchup

FINALLY.. a few moments to post. One thing about a month long "blogcation" , it is hard to get back into it.

The last six weeks have been eventful...
- Trip to Oregon to see my parents - they are doing okay. I love seeing them, and going to Oregon... Got to see my sister too.
- Turned 50- I am doing okay. Doesn't feel alot different to me...but they tell me I have more gray hair.. Some say it is all
down hill. Others say, "50 is the new 30." I have been waiting for 50 for 50 years... still have alot of life to live.
- Joel is moving to Portland Oregon. He is doing okay...on the road in Wyoming as I write. I will miss Him alot. Want to know
more??? Go to www.vidoop.com and click on blog. When you get there, click on anything that says "Oregon Trail." There are
video's, pics, and comments. Its a bunch of "technodudes" who are relocating to Portland to take over the wold.
- The church is launching a new small group emphasis- that is going great. Lots of cool stories...
- Pam and I shared our Israel pictures with people from the Church- I will write and share more about it as the month carries on.
- Pam started back to school- that has been good
- Abigail went back to college- Ozark Christian College- This is probably the last summer she will be home. She is great .
-Elizabeth , Nathaniel and GRACE visited a couple times. She is awesome! ( They all are). Visit www.elizabeth-
nathaniel.blogspot.com to see lots of pictures
- Lydia started back to school at NSU-Broken Arrow- James is doing great on our staff.
- I had a surprise birthday party- Pam you are amazing. Girls and Joel- nice! Friends- thanks . Lets do it again in 10 years.
-The staff had a party for me too- great fun with everyone, including the undertaker.
- The church finished the summer in great position for the fall. Attendance is right around 1100 each week, offerings are
strong, and there are a ton of new people.
- I finished 3 months in Proverbs this summer. I am not bragging, but I think it may have been some of the best preaching I
have done in a long time. As much as anything, the study really fed my soul...
-The Fall is almost here. I look so forward to September 15th, because that seems to be when the weather changes. Its
changed early this year.
- I have hurricane damage to my mailbox. Yup, Hurricane Gustav blew over my mailbox. In Oklahoma....Hmmmmmmnnn.
- I got a MacBook... Infuriating, frustrating.... all those "ating" things. The "Techies" in my office keep telling me that I will
get used to is and love it. I left my office one day saying outloud for everyone to hear, "Whoever talked me in to a Mac is
dead." They all smiled and then buried their heads back into their Macs. I felt better, until I had to log on.
- Fantasy football is off and running. I think Romo and LT are a strong combination. But we will see....
- I changed the look of the blog... I hate it... so it will change again

On the whole, that is six weeks worth of news from my life. God has been good to me.

Charlie

2 comments:

Steve said...

Good to read you again, Charlie! Also, I miss geting your sermons via iTunes! The series on Proverbs would have been good to listen to while I run.

Anonymous said...

Charlie,
Glad your back !! I would love your sermons on Proverbs!! Duane and I have started reading it!!

ANgie