Sunday, March 23, 2008

He's Alive...

Easter services are over... But Easter is not! Tomorrow Jesus will be just as alive as He is today. Isn't that awesome!

FCC Easter was incredible. The power of a choir in a Worship Center bringing the message "He's Alive!" was so amazing. Every part of the day went well. Three services provided us with an opportunity to test some of our "systems" and they went so well. Parking was good... First Touch was good. Early Childhood and Children's programs were very good. And in the Worship service... well that was incredible.. best ever. The staff of our church is so talented and dedicated. And I continue to be amazed by our congregation and how people jump in and serve. Its never been better. They have "bought in" to "helping others know, love , serve and share."

Numbers are not in yet, but estimates put them way above our best ever... We have learned alot through the last three weeks... and experienced some pretty exciting things at the church.

Best of all.... Jesus is alive and we proclaimed the message in every corner of the church...

Some of you have already asked... Three services? How did you do? Well, I got tired... really tired... slept most of the afternoon... and it will take a few days to regain some of the stamina...but that is expected. I am continuing to get better and stronger. Many pray for me every day, and I am so thankful for each of you.

Tonight the house is full of activity. A great dinner at our table with Pam, Nathaniel, Lizzie, Joel and Abigail ( and Shiloh the Dog). Tonight James and Lydia come in from Joliet...long drive for them, but it sure will be fun to have them around a few days. It is always great to have the kids around for a few days...all of them!

By the way have I told you that there will be a grandchild soon? Yah I know...I have. Baby Grace is coming in about 2 1/2 months!

1 comment:

Steve said...

Great to hear that Easter went so well! This was the first Easter Sunday I think EVER, that I didn't go to church. We planned a spring break vacation with the family and were actually coming through customs in Galveston. It's amazing that I heard not one person (except me!) say, "Happy Easter!"