Sunday, February 07, 2010

What a day!!!

What a day! We hosted Sean and Misty Algaier ( and their three lovely kids). He has a great testimony about INFLUENCE.

As I was interviewing him in second service, I thought to myself, "I feel like I have known this guy for 10 years." I watched him as he hung around and visited with people for nearly an hour after the service. Everyone was important to him. I like that.

It was a great experience for me personally to talk to him and share what God is doing in his life with the people of FCC.

There were other really special points for me this morning. Just to list a few...

* Following the service a man in our church came up to me and gave me the biggest hug. He just said, "thank you...I needed that so much." It was so heartfelt. Later I thought, "Well I really did not do that much..." but I think he needed to hug someone... and I am sure that if he could have, He would have just hugged God. God is working in his life.

* One guy that has been out of work for 11 months got a job offer Friday. He , his wife and daughter came and found me and told me. I was so thrilled... been praying for them for a long time. Even better, he gets to stay in Owasso, office out of his home, and his pay is better than the job he had 11 months ago. Is that not just like God ?!

* Another guy, who is 30 years old came and found me this morning. He had a stroke 4 weeks ago, which was a huge curveball for him and his family. When I heard that he had a stroke, I went to the hosptial to encourage him, pray with him and share some of the experiences I have had over the past 4 or so years. It was so good to see him. He had headed back to work part time and is on the mend. I was so blessed to see him... He is on a journey of recovery and health.

* Greg came up to me. You have to know Greg... most people don't, but he is the brother of one our members... who finds me almost every Sunday. He always has a good word about my sermon , hugs me, and asks me, "Are you encouraged today brother?" I always say to him, "Greg, how could I not be encouraged by you?" Greg came up today and told me, "Hey, we are moving to Houston this week." I had heard about it through his brother, but when he told me, I have to say I almost cried. I am going to miss Greg alot. He's just real... and a postive influence in my life. We agreed that if he is back in Owasso, he would find me. It wouldn't be any other way... he's been doing it for the last 18 months or so...almost every Sunday.

* Speaking of someone "leaving...." Rod and Amanda Pennington are headed to Thailand this week. It's a 4 year term. We prayed for them... and will continue to do so. Great people who love God so much.

* Decisions, Decisions, Decisions... Yup, five families made decisions for Christ today. 4 young people were baptized. 4 families joined the church... And a young man named Ethan came forward to ask for prayer because he is on a journey of major influence in his life. I loved that.

Good stuff...Great day

2 comments:

Steph T. said...

IT was a great day! Thanks for your influence in our lives too Charlie!

CLM said...

I second that Charlie. Thank you.