Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Thinking Fathers...

When I think about this Father's Day....

I will think about my son-in-law Nathaniel. Two days before Father's Day 08, he became a father to little Grace.

I will think about a conversation I had with Joel last night. It was cool to hear the excitement in his voice as he talked about some positive developments at work. He's a man now...making his way in the world..I am proud of him.

I will think about the memorial service for Tim Russert. I watched part of it today and marveled at how his 22 year old son Luke, could play such a large part in eulogizing his father. You don't get that in the four days after your dad dies suddenly. You get that by being mentored by a great father.

I will think about a moment on Monday after Tiger won the US Open in a playoff, when he took his little girl in his arms and kissed her. When mom took her back, little Sam protested, and in an instant she was back in Dad's arms.

I will think about my three girls and how they have turned out to be wonderful, responsible and caring young ladies.

I will think how there's now way I get to be the father of all four, without their mother...who is the best thing to happen to me everyday.

I will think about my father who worked so hard for so many years, and who has managed to make retirement look good for anyone who works too much.

I will think about a father from the Bible named Jarius, who would stop at nothing to help his dying daughter. ( Mark 5)

I will think about the blessing my heavenly Father is to me. After all, the most difficult thing a Father could ever do is to "give up" His Son for me.

1 comment:

My Dear Gs... said...

You're right, Dad, I would never agree that sleeping is overrated! Thankfully, though, I got six hours last night and five the night before!!! So I can't complain too much. :-)