Sunday, November 05, 2006

Update

Lots of people have been wondering how I feel. It is funny... There are days I feel really great, like "I can take on the world". And then there are days that I feel like my world goes in slow motion. I can't predict

Last week, I spent two days in meeting with the staff. Being in the room with 11 other people for 6-7 hours is real challenge. The input of information comes fast and furious and it seems hard for me to process that much information in a short time.

What was great about the retreat is the understanding of those around me. They have been so good to me through out this time in my life, and they continue to do so.

I am slow integrating back into the life of the church. Besides preaching, today I did the opening and closing. I still plan to have Matt T. do that each week, but I managed it and that was good. I am reading better as well.

I still find myself losing words from time to time, and that is frustrating. It has happened very little in preaching, and for that I am thankful. It seems to be more in conversations and it is not happening every day.

Through the last 7 months, I have learned that limitations do not have to be completely debilitating. Imperfections are ok. Encourage is amazing. The people of First Christian Church are incredible. And my family has been wonderful. Especially Pam. What a true friend in every way. I am finding out every day that God blessed me more than I can imagine.

The future looks good. Physically I continue to get stronger. I am running now... 3-4 miles a day around 10 minute miles. Plus walking and lifting. This has made a definate change in my appearance. People are amazed, but not as amazed as I am. I just never thought this would happen for me. I still have a ways to go physically... but I am dedicated and will continue.

Thanks to all of you who have prayed for me. You are great.

Charlie

No comments: