Thursday, July 20, 2006

"In everything give thanks...."

I am thankful for:

1. A loving God who forgives, forgets and showers more Grace on me than I deserve.

2. A loving wife who has stayed with me for more than 25 years, through many moves, ups and
downs, good times and bad... Pam is the love of my life.

3. Four wonderful children, all of whom love God and love their parents and siblings. That is all
that we ever really asked of them.

4. Two Son-in-laws, both of whom have shown that they love God and have the desire and
capacitiy to love our daughters. Nathaniel and James are blessings from God


5. A mom and dad who are showing me that retirement is possible and can be really good. I
have a long ways to go, but I love the life they are living. They are doing it right.

6. Hot weather.... I know that sounds strange when it is over 100 for the 5 th straight day, but I
like the heat.

7. Air Conditioning.... What did they do before A/C?

8. A loving church. The expressions of love and anticipation of my return have bouyed my
spirits and motivated me to work even harder at my recovery.

9. Friends. I have lots of friends.... from those who mow my grass, to those who play golf with
me, to others who invite me to be a part of their Fantasy Football league, to others who have
been there for me...to talk to , to vent, and to share my life with.

10. Exercise. I have grown to love exercise. The benefits are obvious.

11. Football season... It is almost here, which means that Baseball is more than half over, fall is
coming soon, and Saturdays get much more interesting.

12. My return is coming soon. I am trying not to rush it... but I am sure looking forward to the
day when I can preach again,and join my friends on the staff in the greatest work in the
world.

What are you thankful for? Sometimes it does alot of good to list it out... Remember, "In everything be thankful."

No comments: