Monday, April 12, 2010

Weekend update.

Monday mornings... I like them! Especially after a great weekend.

Tackled the Sprint Triathalon yesterday. My goal was to finish.... I had a total finish time in mind and I smashed that... Great fun.... 400 meter swim, 12 mile bike ride and 2 mile run. Some serious hills... At one point I thought, " Man I am really glad they do not make us swim up hill." But I made it...in good time for me. I also know I could do alot better. Now I have a time to work against.

Great encouragement by Pam, David, Eddie , Sharon and a bunch of other friends who were there. Pam was amazing... seemed like she was there around every turn... and crying at the finish line... Triathalon's are a team sport..

Today, felt good waking up and wondering what the next challenge is... I think I know... just need to articulate it a bit...and then do a better job of executing the plan. More about that later.

And one other thing... It feels great to go do something like this fully confident in the team we have at FCC. No worries...no concerns... Thanks to the FCC Staff! You all are awesome.

Charlie

2 comments:

Steph T. said...

SO proud of you Charlie! You are such a testimony for all of us...not to give up and come back even stronger. Matt & I are so thankful for you and Pam. Thanks for the example you set for us!!

My Dear Gs... said...

Way to go, Dad!! I am so proud of you!