Sunday, March 22, 2009

THREE THINGS...

MARCH MADNESS- going very well for me... see previous post... Proud of the OSU Cowboys!

NAIA-Steve Mowery and I went to KC for the NAIA Championships ( 24 games in 3 days). Love it! And we got an added bonus... we took a chance and went to the Sprint Center, bought two tickets and got to see OU-Morgan State. ( Yes, I saw the flip...It was just as bad in real life as on TV.) Great time with a great friend.

CHURCH- The BAGGAGE series has been awesome. It has also been the most draining series of sermons I have done in a long time. People have so much to deal with... and preaching about Anger, bitterness and guilt surfaces alot of things. I think I most pleased with the fact that people look to God to help them with these kinds of things. I have said the same thing every week...."If you allow bitterness, anger, or guilt to take up residence in your life, it makes you tired and weary. And even worse, after a while, you begin to think how you feel is normal and how it will be for the rest of your life."

Galatians 5:1- "It is for freedom that Christ has set us free."

Good Stuff...

2 comments:

My Dear Gs... said...

Thanks for posting that verse, Dad. I need to memorize it so I can always remember that I have freedom from the junk I carry with me!

Mark said...

Sorry, I missed yesterday, but thought it prudent to stay away and not infect Cecil and Flo (love those two) or any of the others that may or may not have the potential of lowered immunity. I think I'm in pretty healthy status, but I do subject myself to flying sick people around all the time. Marlene did let me know that you were talking to ME again. I am working very hard on releasing all my troubles for Jesus to handle, but I also know that you know how hard it can be. Although I am very proud of my prior career, there are things I've done that are very difficult to just let go. I've disrupted many of God's families and have a hard time thinking that sometime HE is going to ask me why I did what I did .... and saying that I was following orders just doesn't seem very exemplary. I am going to listen to your discussion on line ... I am sure it will be as good as the rest of the series and as good as Marlene said it was.