Sunday, February 03, 2008

Super Bowl 42

I wanted the Patriots to win. I just thought 19-0 was too much to pass up.

But the Giants won. My Dad called me before the game to tell me that he was picking the Giants. He wins....

Great game... some great plays by the Giants made the difference.

A few observations

1. When you start 0-2 your season is not over. Just ask the Giants
2. When you start 0-2 the quarterback gets all the blame. But come back and win the
Super Bowl, and the QB gets alot of the praise.
3. Owasso's own R.W. McQuarters must be pretty happy. That moves him into elite
company with others such as Garth Brooks as Owasso residents who have made it
big.
4. It is a long off season for the loser of the Super Bowl, even when you win 18
out of 19 games. When you win 18, you still want to win the last one more.
5. Coach Bill of the Patriots is a very mysterious dude.

6. Entertainment???? Tom Petty was pretty good at half time. Jordan Sparks did one
of the best ever at the National Anthem. I did not understand Alicia Keyes, so
that did nothing for me... and Paul A ( and her dance) was regretable, forgetable and any other "able" you could think of. She needs to stick to judging... Commercials... nothing really jumped out... I wonder if any of them thought they were worth the money?

Well, enough of all that... Super Bowl 42 is history. Now, lets get to the next big day in Oklahoma- Signing Day for college... That is Wednesday

2 comments:

Steve said...

Very funny post! I like your reserved comment about Coach Bill ... I'm a lifelong Cleveland Browns fan, so you can guess how "mysterious" I think he is!

My Dear Gs... said...

Did you hear that we got a 5 star receiver from LR who originally committed to USC? If only there was a quarterback to throw to him...