Monday, May 07, 2007

THIS AND THAT....

Some thoughts about this and that...

On Saturday May 5th, we journeyed to Oklahoma State University to watch Joel recieve his degree. We have been so proud of him. He has worked hard for four years to get to this point. He had some scholarship money, but he worked 30 plus hours a week for the last 3 1/2 years to be able to make it to this point. That fact alone makes me very proud of him. He maintained a 3.0 grade point average, and graduated in 4 years. That takes alot of dedication and work.

Joel is a great young man...everyone says that about him. We are blessed to have him in our lives. Now, if you want to pray for him, pray for a good job for him. That is the next big step.

On Sunday May 6th, I shared the vision for the building of our new campus on North Garnett. It is something that I was not comfortable with, but I felt like ( along with others) that it was the right time and right place to do it. So it was Building for Christ: FAQ's. The response from almost eveyone was overwhelmingly positive! I am finding people want to know. And they want to know that there is a vision for the future. Our church is full of people who really do want to make a difference.

We have seen God work in some really significant ways at FCC. Each step in this process has seen the need for a lot of faith. Our leaders have been faith filled believers who know that what we are attempting is far beyond us. We can not do it... but God can.

I think there is a constant lesson before me. Attempting great things, means leaning on someone besides myself. God is my help and my strength.

Rain.... boy are we getting rain. Thunder, lightening, rain and more rain. People complain about it... just as they complained for the last two years when we were getting no rain. It all makes me wonder if God doesn;t just put his fingers in his ears and go, "WAH WAH WAH WAH..."

It sure is green.... and I like green

No comments: